- One Dozen Fortune Oysters
Contains: Shellfish (Oysters)
Produced in a facility that processes fish, shellfish, milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, and tree nuts.
- Using a folded towel, securely hold the oyster cup side down against a cutting board with the hinge pointing towards you.
- Hold the oyster firmly with your hand safely on the towel and perpendicular to the oyster knife. Insert tip of the knife into the hinge and wiggle it while placing a little pressure downward into the oyster to pry open the shell.
- Slide the knife along the top of the shell to release the oyster into the bottom half of the shell. Be careful not to lose the liquid. Discard the top shell, along with any loose shell fragments.
- Carefully run the knife under the oyster meat to separate it from its adductor muscle on the bottom shell.
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.